Preparing for Improvements:
Everything your business needs to know about the mandatory large building reporting regulation
As of July 1, 2017, there is a new provincial regulation in effect – Regulation 20/17, otherwise known as the Large Building Energy and Water Reporting and Bench-Marking Initiative. As part of the 2009 Green Energy and Green Economy Act, property owners of buildings over 50,000 square feet will be eventually required to report on their annual energy and water use consumption.
This event will explore the recently implemented provincial regulation as well as how this regulation could affect your business and how you and your business can become prepared for these changes.
What to expect:
- An overview of the regulation including reporting deadlines and phase-in requirements
- A discussion of the various building types that must report
- When and how your business must report including the types of data elements required for reporting
- A review of the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
- A summary of the types of information shared publically and the benefits of public disclosure
The event will be led by Sustainability Consultant Stephen Pope of CSV Architects.
This event is free, RSVP is recommended. Light refreshments will be provided.
Green Economy program members are encouraged!