Member Since: 2017
Baseline Year: Measurement in progress!
Baseline GHG Emissions: Measurement in progress!
About the Member:
- KIHC is a multi-disciplinary team of health professionals with expertise in complementary, alternative, and integrative medicines. They acknowledge that individual health is directly reflected by the health of our environment, and are committed to actively participating in Kingston’s growing sustainability movement!
Highlighted Sustainability Projects:
Continuing to implement action plans for a paperless facility and property permaculture design.
Reducing number of supplier deliveries by 30% before next fiscal year end.
Development of community-wide educational programming that addresses individual health by encouraging environmental responsibility.
- Implementation of 2-year action plan towards “paperless practice”.
- Membership with Sustainable Kingston Green Economy Program.
- Integration of environmental responsibility principles into social media campaigns.
- Building upgrades that included doubled R-value roof insulation, replacement of inefficient 40+ year-old rooftop A/C unit with high-efficiency unit, and replacement of outdoor halogen lighting with energy-efficient LED pot-lights.
- Implementation of 3-year plan to convert property to sustainable permaculture design.
- Repeat energy audit and review progress.
- Participation in Ontario’s Retrofit Program and lighting upgrades.
- Internal composting program and improvements to recycling processes.
- Implementation of long-term educational campaigns that promote local, organic farming practices as environmentally responsible choices. Includes annual sponsorship of Memorial Centre Farmers’ market.
- Became a Sustainable Kingston member. Committed to lead by example and implement sustainable business practices.
- Professional energy audit. Implemented simple energy saving measures, such as programmable thermostats, air-leak sealing, upgrading to high-efficiency windows and doors.
Greenhouse Gas Emissions:
More details coming soon!